Friday, January 22, 2010

Nemo Mos Inhonesto Mihi

Loosely translated from Latin; In Chains but Still Free.

The chains of the past can and do imprison us. Stifle our motivation to move…move in any direction, any direction. Forward, backward, sideways, no ways will I move from this comfortable spot even though it hurts like hell to stay here. I be afraid to take steps; forget baby steps, I’m often into snail slides. Inch forward and usually leave a bit of slime…so I can find my way “home.”


Home, that place of misery and a zone of weird comfort.
You/me on our knees, hairy bodies shivering from fear and Mr. Bill’s, “OH NOs” ………..and just like that little clay man would do, we look for the good reasons/excuses to stay put less we strain our delicate balance. It’s awfully awful to leave the familiar, consistent feelings of titanium entrapment.
And what is out there to make us charming and gracious and strong? Not a damn thing, my friend. It ain’t out there, it’s inside…us. OH NO! Ya mean I have to dig out the good, the bad, the strong person, the human living, lost, yearning, reaching for the pinpricks of light in the dark sky? Ayup.
Love being in that mire? Leave said mire? Jumping from one to the other? Love it, leave it. Listen to the gut; the one that tells you…for Christ’s sake, one way or the other. But move, damnit.
Move

Self Esteem….Find it, you find life
Woven strands of guilt snap off the soul
Free to embrace who you are
Like any other on a pilgrimage, I am seeking a place of coolness and calmness…damn the sappy, “Happiness/Etc. is a journey not a destination.” I’m in need of a freaking rest stop…for awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment